I have to say that I am a big fan of spices and my world might not be the same if spices were nonexistent. Okay that might seem a little overkill but the point I am trying to make is that I love my spices as much as I love any kind of ingredient. In my eyes without spices there wouldn’t be some of our delicious meals. I don’t consider this as a matter of opinion but a matter of fact. Think about it, the last time you ate something it was either good or bad for the amount of spice that was involved with this food. Either your food was over salted or it lacked enough flavor. Have I made my point? One of these spices I couldn’t live without is cinnamon.
So why cinnamon? Cinnamon to me is the perfect complementary spice that doesn’t exactly overwhelm you with its flavor. This spice isn’t the main attraction to a meal but it is a worthy supporting star in its own right. Its perfect on shakes, fruits, pies, ice cream, eggs, toast, and any baked goods. This is one of those spices that we should strive to add more into our diets because it kicks butt nutritionally and keeps us healthier. Let me give you five benefits to cinnamon.
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: This alone is worthy of taking because most processed foods out there cause inflammation in our body one way or another. Cinnamon can help reduce this impact.
2. Helps lower risk of getting cancer: When you consider 1 in 3 individuals in the United States will get cancer at some point in their life and cinnamon can help lower these risks I bet cinnamon starts sounding more appetizing to take now right? Trust me, I am for any food that will help reduce those odds.
3. Keeps you focused an alert: I don’t know about you but I can’t remember the last time I woke up saying that I wanted to be tired. If cinnamon delivers this benefit I will gladly accept it. It can help us wean away from caffeine.
4. Helps with Weight loss: Consider this as an ally in your battle with permanent weight loss and weight control. Having more natural aids is a good way of shedding those additional five pounds off our bodies for good.
5. Keeps your breath fresh: Ever wonder why there is cinnamon flavored gum out there?Think Big Red bubble gum. Or why there is cinnamon flavored mouthwash? Now imagine what natural cinnamon can do for your breath.
Cinnamon definitely is not for everyone but its made for anyone. You don’t have to be a fanatic of cinnamon and take it as religiously like myself but you should aim to take cinnamon more often. I mean what would the harm be if you took more cinnamon? You got some added health benefits when would anyone refuse those. Tell me what you think about cinnamon, do you love it or hate it? Or maybe its a roller coaster ride? Share your thoughts below.